Tiny Timber LLC Design Specifications
Quality in the homes we build is very important to us. This is why we make sure to build our homes with the best materials available, using locally and sustainably sourced timber. Here is a detailed list of the design features included in all of our models.
- Posts, Beams, Siding & Roof boards made of local rough cut hemlock (exposed hemlock on ceiling of downstairs and cathedral ceiling on top floor, optional full or partial stucco exterior).
- Interior walls: Exposed hemlock support posts with conventional stud framing and finished painted drywall panels
- Standard Flooring: Sustainably grown bamboo floorboards
- Kitchen & Bathroom Flooring: Ceramic tile options and/or bluestone
- Decking: Locally sourced black locust hardwood decking
- Stairs: Treads and raisers milled in house using various wood varieties with black painted steel stringers.
- Railings and Spindles: Custom wood railings made by Tiny Timber to match stair treads. Hot rolled 1/2" steel rod spindles painted black
- Kitchen & Bathroom Wood Features: A choice of oak, cherry, or maple for cabinet doors and drawer faces, shelving and bathroom vanities
- Countertops: Honed bluestone, rough thermalled bluestone and/or butcher block
- Walls: R-12.5 insulated precast concrete panels (Superior Wall System)
- Floor: 4" of poured concrete over a base of R-12 insulation
- Sheathing: 1/2" ZIP OSB exterior sheathing system
- Exterior Flashing: 16 gauge bent copper flashing
- Roof: 6 1/2" structurally insulated panels with an insulative rating of R-42
- Walls: Continuous 3" R-Max Polyiso foil back sheets with an insulative rating of R-21 (optional 1 1/2" additional insulation for an added cost raising the R value to R-31.5)
- Roofing: Asphalt shingles or painted 29 gauge corrugated metal
- Plumbing/Fixtures: American Standard toilets, various sink options
- Windows & Slider: Marvin Integrity Series, fiberglass clad, wood interior, Energy Star rated, high efficiency windows and slider door (all joints and windows are sealed with Great Stuff brand spray foam)
- Exterior Doors: Milliken insulated fiberglass doors with painted finish
- Interior Doors: Raised panel wood doors and barn Tiny Timber made barn doors
- Heating & Air Conditioning: Mitsubishi air to air heat pump and hydronic radiant floor heating in basement slab
- Hot Water Heaters: A. O. Smith 50 gallon hybrid heat pump hot water heater
- Appliances: We incorporated a $3,000 allowance included in the base price for all of our models to be used for appropriate appliances (refrigerator, electric stove, dishwasher, range hood, washer and dryer)
Finished basements include smoothed top poured concrete, completed stairs, a partitioned utility room, finished drywall, trim, lighting, and 2 basement windows. Option for walkout basement (site dependent)
Unfinished basements include unfinished drywall on the walls and 2 basement windows. Option for walkout basement (site dependent)
Unfinished assembled shell options do not include electric, plumbing, drywall, flooring, bathroom features, kitchen and counter features, interior doors, heating and air conditioning, a hot water heater, and appliances.